Night creams are not just for those of us who are worried about ageing. In fact, night creams are essential in keeping skin moisturized, young (yes, I said it), and radiant. But instead of investing in an expensive night cream that promises the moon and back… Why not create your own and reap the same benefits (and without any of the harsh chemicals)?
As you know by now, Shea Butter is amazing. It not only repairs the skin by preventing wrinkles and boosting elasticity, but it also works as an ultra-moisturizer and gives ultra-hydration. Naturally (no pun intended), it is a key ingredient in any DIY Night Cream!
Here are a few of my absolute favorite DIY all-natural night creams!
Cocoa Butter Wrinkle Cream
- 2 tablespoons cocoa butter
- 1 tablespoon virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Add all the ingredients in a double-boiler pan and heat on low.
- Heat until all the ingredients mix and melt together.
- Allow the mixture to cool and place in a mould or container.
Store in a cool, dry location.
Green Tea Detoxifying Night Cream
- 1 teaspoon green tea extract
- 1 tablespoon almond oil
- 1 tablespoon rose water
1 teaspoon essential oil
- 1 tablespoon aloe vera juice
- 1 tablespoon beeswax
- Mix beeswax and almond oil in a pan to melt together.
- Remove from heat and add aloe vera.
- Add green tea, rose water, and essential oils.
Let cool and store in a container.
Yummy Apple Night Cream
- 2 apples
- 4 tablespoons rose water
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Cut up apples and remove seeds.
- Blend with olive oil in a blender.
- The paste should become smooth, not chunky.
- Pour into a boiler and heat on low.
- Add half a cup of rose water, after removing from the heat source.
- Store it in a container once it cools.
Refrigerate and use within 5 days.
Don’t these sound delicious for our skin?! Before you go to bed, after cleansing your skin and removing any leftover makeup, apply your favourite DIY night cream to your entire face (gently avoiding the eyes). Don’t expect to wake up with a face that is 20 years younger or magically pimple free, it can take around 6 weeks for the skin to adapt and renew.
We hope you enjoy and stay happy, hydrated, and healthy! Which one is your favourite recipe?