Did we mention this body butter has a rich, velvety aroma that is simply divine? If you love body butter, this one is a must-try! With the added healing properties of Baraka Kombo Butter, this blend is perfect for those who have areas of pain & inflammation.
What is body butter? It's a nutrient-dense cream comprised of natural oils and butters specially formulated to hydrate, protect, and nourish your skin.
What is kombo butter? Kombo Butter used to be relatively unknown, but its amazing benefits and natural pain-killing properties are helping it to grow in popularity as a super-butter. It is high in myristoleic acid, which is used to treat all kinds of muscle and joint pain.
HOW TO MAKE THIS VELVETY BODY BUTTER
- 4 oz. of Baraka Shea Butter
- 2 oz. of Baraka Cocoa Butter
- 2 oz. of Baraka Kombo Butter
- 1 fl. oz. of Jojoba oil
- Melt the shea and cocoa butters in a double boiler.
- Melt the kombo butter and strain before adding to the formula. It has tiny shells that need to be strained, therefore has to be melted in a water bath first and strained.
- Once melted, take off of the heat and add the Kombo Butter and jojoba.
- Once all the butters are incorporated, place in the refrigerator until cool and the top begins to harden slightly.
- Blend with a mixer on high speed for 3 - 4 minutes, resting for two minutes. Continue this for approximately 20 - 30 minutes until you obtain a gorgeous whipped butter!
- Once whipped, feel free to add essential oils of choice.
To learn more about the individual ingredients and why each is included, use the links below to review blogs and other information:
- About Shea Butter & How Handcrafted Shea Butter is Made
- Kombo Butter Blogs & The Kombo Butter Story
- For recipes using Shea Butter & Kombo Butter
- Purchase our Baraka Recipe Kits for easy DIY recipes!