This all natural soap is the elixir for radiant skin. This DIY recipe is packed with anti-inflammatory ingredients and antioxidants to gently exfoliate and cleanse the skin. To make this recipe, follow soap safety procedures by donning gloves and goggles.
This turmeric soap recipe incorporates the best turmeric and Shea butter benefits. Both ingredients combine to give a natural soap for different skincare benefits. Let's first discuss the qualities of the elements present in this DIY recipe before moving on to directions to make this soap.
- Distilled Water – 196 grams
- Sodium Hydroxide- 77 grams
- Avocado Oil – 136 grams
- Coconut Oil – 169 grams
- Chamomile Infused Olive Oil – 169 grams
- Shea Butter – 71 grams
- Ground Turmeric – 2 tablespoons
- Lemongrass Essential Oil – 15 grams
- Orange 10x Essential Oil – 15 grams
- First and foremost, wear protective gloves and eye-protective goggles.
- Carefully combine the sodium hydroxide and distilled water to give you a lye solution, which is the necessary base for this soap.
- At low, medium heat, melt your Shea butter on a double boiler and combine the avocado oil, coconut oil, and olive oil with it.
- Turn off the flame and set it aside to cool.
- In another container, combine your essential oils as per the amounts mentioned in the ingredients list.
- When the natural oil mixture comes to room temperature, slowly add your lye solution to it and stir consistently with a wooden spatula.
- Once this mixture of lye and oils takes on a creamy pudding form, you can now add in your turmeric and combine well.
- Once the turmeric has blended well with this mixture, you can add in your essential oils and give it a good stir.
- Now pour this mixture into a soap mold. Let it sit for a minimum of 24 hours for best results.
- After 24 hours, when the mixture has been set, take it out of the mold. Now cut the soap into a bar shape.
- You would be required to wait for at least four weeks to ensure proper soap curing before use.
- During the setting and curing process, ensure to keep the soap away from direct sunlight, heat, and moisture.
- This recipe produces around 2 pounds of natural turmeric and shea butter soap. To make a bigger batch, you can adjust the amounts of the ingredients by following the same ratio.
NOTE: This DIY soap recipe yields 2 pounds of soap.
Order Baraka Shea Butter and Coconut Oil HERE.
Skin Benefits of Turmeric Shea Butter Soap
Following are some of the benefits of Turmeric Shea butter soap.
Help speeds up skin renewal.
Moisturizes the skin.
Adds a natural glow to the skin.
Aids in soothing irritated skin, especially irritation caused by acne.
Helps fight dry skin and eczema.
Supports preventing sun damage.
Fights signs of aging.
Turmeric Soap Making Oils
This recipe incorporates avocado oil, coconut oil, and olive oil. All these offer fantastic skincare benefits. We also add certain essential oils to this soap for fragrance and aesthetics.
Avocado oil is rich in proteins, beta carotene, and vitamin D. It moisturizes the skin and helps prevent damage caused by the sun's UV rays. It is also proven effective in reducing signs of aging, such as wrinkles and dark spots on the skin.
On the other hand, coconut oil is also rich in antioxidants and vitamin E. It makes the skin plump like no other and prevents loss of moisture. It also helps in adding a natural boost to the skin and increases cell turnover.
Olive oil is used in the recipe as well. Olive oil also aids in moisturizing and protecting the skin against the harmful effects of sunlight.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can You Use Turmeric in Soap?
Yes. The use of turmeric in soap is recommended due to its benefits.
Can I Use Turmeric Soap Every Day?
Natural turmeric and Shea butter soap is safe to be used every day due to natural and organic ingredients.
Can I Use Turmeric Soap for Acne?
Turmeric soap is effective against acne. Its antiseptic properties prevent the onset of acne and help treat current breakouts.
Does Turmeric Soap Lighten Skin?
Turmeric soap can help reveal a brighter and smoother complexion due to its natural exfoliating properties.
Does Turmeric Soap Remove Dark Spots?
Turmeric soap helps reduce dark spots, especially those caused by the sun's harmful rays.
Watch Zakia make this recipe on our Facebook Page LIVE!
Check out more LiveSoapSchool.com of her DIY videos.
Be sure to tune in to our Facebook Page for more LIVE Soap School Livestream videos! 7pm EST on Thursdays.
Recipe Source: Zakia @ LiveSoapSchool.com