DIY bath products leave you feeling pretty and pampered. These lovely little bath melts are a luxurious addition to your "me" time. The combination of Baraka Shea and Cocoa Butter hydrate, soften, and soothe dry/irritated skin.
This recipe makes three 50 ml bath melts:
- 120 grams of Baraka Shea Butter
- 30 grams of Baraka Cocoa Butter
- *15 - 20 drops of your favourite skin-safe essential oil or blend
- *3 tbsp. of your favourite botanical/salt
*Optional: Omit for very sensitive skin
- Using the double boiler method, melt the Baraka Shea and Cocoa Butter together until no chunks remain.
- Remove butters from heat and allow to cool at room temperature for 10 - 15 minutes before adding your essential oils. This will improve the butters’ ability to retain the scent.
- Add 3 tablespoons of your favourite botanical or salt (the previous cooling will keep the salt from dissolving too much) and stir gently until combined.
- Pour butters into silicone tray (or tray of choice) in 50 ml sections.
- Refrigerate tray until butters have thickened enough to hold a sprinkle on top (around 15 mins depending on your additions). Add your botanical/salt sprinkle, and refrigerate again until solid.
- Remove from tray and enjoy! For best results, pat dry out of the tub and massage oils into skin.
The Benefits of Shea & Cocoa Butter
FOR MORE BARAKA RECIPES:
Visit our recipe blogs and share your amazing creations with us!