Summer is YAY time. Lots of trips to the pool and beach!! But, skin beware. With extra sun comes drier and flakier skin (it happens to the best of us). Try this easy to make, great to use DIY recipe for Lightweight Shea Butter Moisturizer to keep the YAY in your summer.
Not all of us like lathering on heavy creams, I personally prefer lightweight moisturizers. With shea butter acting as the key nourishing ingredient, you can be sure the following DIY recipe will leave your skin breathable, yet moisturized.
Lightweight Shea Butter Lotion
- 1/4 cup Baraka Shea Butter
- 1/8 cup jojoba oil
- Place a glass bowl on top of a saucepan partially filled with water and heat on medium.
- Place the shea butter in the glass bowl, allowing it to melt.
- Carefully remove from the heat source. Add the jojoba oil, and stir.
- Pour into a storage jar with a lid.
- After ten minutes, place the mixture in the fridge and allow it to solidify for two hours. Stir.
- Store at room temperature. It has a shelf life of 6 approximately months.