Kombo Butter has a beautiful rich brown color that is grainy in texture until rubbed onto the skin. Adding this naturally pain reducing butter to our essential oils creates a powerful butter to reduce any discomfort while nourishing and softening your skin.
What is kombo butter? Kombo Butter used to be relatively unknown, but its amazing benefits and natural pain-killing properties are helping it to grow in popularity as a super-butter. It is high in myristoleic acid, which is used to treat all kinds of muscle and joint pain.
HOW TO MAKE THIS PAIN BUSTER KOMBO BUTTER MUSCLE BLEND
- Set up your double boiler or use a pyrex in a pot of boiling water (Low boil so the shea butter doesn't get gritty)
- Add your beeswax and start to melt it, then add shea and melt it
- Stir in the kombo and allow it to melt while mixing
- Add in your jojoba and remove from heat
- Stir your essential oil choices with a glass stir rod
- Once mixed, add the liquid mixture to your 2 oz. glass jars, cap, and allow to cool
Your essential oil choices could be any oil you love such as Lavender, Frankincense, Copaiba, Basil, Cypress, or Peppermint. Typically I use 30 drops per 2 ounce jar, if you want to make different versions in each jar add your essential oils to the jar you want and then pour in your butter mixture over the top and stir with your glass stir rod to mix them before capping. When you are done and they cool your butters will look similar to these warm cocoa like jars of butters.
Source: Essence of Health
To learn more about the individual ingredients and why each is included, use the links below to review blogs and other information:
- Kombo Butter Blogs & The Kombo Butter Story
- About Shea Butter & How Handcrafted Shea Butter is Made
- For easy DIY recipes using Baraka ingredients
- Purchase our Baraka Recipe Kits for easy DIY recipes!