Karen's Kombo-Cocoa Lotion Bars
Karen Leslie submitted this award-winning Kombo-Cocoa Lotion Bar Recipe for our Kombo contest. Thanks so much Karen
Here is the basic recipe. But when I use Kombo butter, I cut the cocoa butter in half and use the other half as Kombo butter. You can substitute sweet almond oil fir any other skin-loving carrier oil. I use a heart mold for the bars:
- 6.4 oz sweet almond oil
- 5 oz white beeswax
- 2.4 oz raw cocoa butter
- 2.4 oz Kombo butter
- 1 tsp. Vitamin E oil
- 4 ml. Fragrance oil or if using essential oils, add to your fragrance liking. I use some cinnamon essential oil and Satsuma fragrance oil so the bar smells like a chocolate/orange ball!
- Melt the beeswax in the sweet almond oil (microwave or double-boiler method)
- Add cocoa and Kombo butter; stir til melted
- Add vitamin E oil and fragrance oil/essential oil
- Stir gently 2 minutes until blended
- Pour into molds snd let set a few hours until firm.
This lotion bar sells like crazy at farmers markets when I explain the healing properties. I am a reflexologist and might start adding the Kombo butter, along with Tamanu oil to my foot salves.
Also check out other blogs and recipes on Kombo Butter. More are coming all the time for this amazing new ingredient