‘Sit down and eat your veggies. Your skin will be healthy and happy!’ That’s what my mom would always tell me. Well, maybe she didn’t mention happy skin, but it is true – veggies are a great addition to DIY skincare. Veggies aren’t just healthy to ingest? They are also incredibly powerful for your skin.
I’ve gathered a few of my favorite veggie-skincare DIYS! Try them and you’ll feel the benefits, inside and out!
Avocado Body Mask
Avocados are high in anti-aging properties, with vitamins A, D, E, proteins, lecithin, potassium, and beta-carotene (a cancer fighter). They are great for sun-damaged skin, scarring, and age spots.
- 2 avocados, mashed into a paste
- 3 tablespoons sea salt
- 1/4 cup honey
- Grated rind of two fresh lemons, along with the juice
- 1/4 cup organic Baraka Shea Butter
- Mix all ingredients together until smooth and creamy.
- Apply to your skin for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Gently scrub off with lukewarm water.
NOTE: Unused product will last up to 48 hours.
Cooling Cucumber Lotion
Cucumbers contains ascorbic acid (vitamin C) and caffeic acid, both help soothe skin irritations and reduce swelling.
- 1 cucumber
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup aloe vera juice
- ½ tbsp of Baraka Shea Butter
- Juice the cucumber.
- Pour in the coconut milk, aloe vera, and lastly the Shea Butter.
- Mix together and shake.
NOTE: Keep refrigerated. Apply and enjoy.
Apricot and Papaya Face Scrub
Apricots are high in beta-carotene (reduces skin issues), and the fruit works as great moisturizer.
- 1 tsp apricot kernel powder (finely grated)
- 3 Tbs apricot pulp
- 3 Tbs ripe papaya pulp
- 1 tsp of Baraka Shea Butter
- Mix all the ingredients together and apply to your face for 15 minutes.
- Gently scrub while rinsing off.
NOTE: You’ll smell like apricot and feel soft and supple.
Do you have a veggie skincare DIY recipe to share with us? Well, we would love to hear from you!
Visit our DIY Recipe section for more ideas.