Sales and Marketing Lead (Online)
We have an exciting and rewarding opportunity for the right person. Baraka Shea Butter and Shea Butter Market are fast growing, purpose driven companies in with unique value propositions and operating in the B2B and B2C space. The successful candidate will lead online sales and marketing and provide general support to all sales, marketing, communications, production and processing operations and will be so excited about the work they will want to engage in even more!
The position is based in the scenic and historic Cowichan Valley on Vancouver Island in British Columbia Canada. It has the potential to combine onsite and work from home flexibility.
Baraka Shea Butter (www.barakasheabutter.com) is a mission driven, Canadian company owned by Wayne Dunn and his wife Gifty (a Ghanaian Canadian from Wa in Ghana’s UWR). They work with women and communities in northern Ghana to produce shea butter and supply to crafters and industry throughout North America and around the world through their warehouse and distribution centre on Vancouver Island. The company is noted globally for its work with women and communities, the impact it makes and the support it provides to Ghana’s SDG agenda. See recent article here This work is central to Baraka’s brand and the competitive advantage it has created in the marketplace.
Roles and responsibility:
Take the lead on online sales and marketing including managing online sales channels, advertising and activity.
Online Sales and Marketing
- Developing and implementing online sales and marketing programs and campaigns making full use of Privy, Google Analytics, Google Ads, Facebook Ads, Instagram Ads, etc.
- Managing online sales channels including Shopify, Amazon, etc.
- Customer identification and engagement including Facebook groups, bulk customers, etc.
- Manage online stores
- Identify potential retail locations for Baraka Bolga Baskets
- Work on social media communications, taking the lead on more marketing focused posts, communications and follow-up
- Various design and other tasks to support online marketing and sales
Direct Sales and Marketing
- Identify and follow-up with potential bulk customers for oils and butters
- Identify and follow-up with potential retail outlets for Baskets
- Identify and follow-up with new sales and marketing channels and opportunities
- Graphic design and other tasks as needed including for carton labels and sample labels for private label production
- Processing of shipments to prepare waybills, manifests and manage inventory.
- Support the rebranding/relaunch of Shea Butter Market
- Support private label production and other tasks as necessary
Skills and Experience we would like to see
- Attitude, commitment and passion
- A reason for wanting this job beyond simply a paycheck. Tell us how it fits your passion/purpose.
- Successful experience in online sales and marketing in both B2B and B2C environments
- Experience with Shopify, Google Analytics, online marketing, Amazon and other sales channels
- Strong online research skills
- Strong communications skills (English is essential – French is desirable)
- Can-do approach to work and life
- Strong team player, easy to work with, flexible, innovative and adaptive
- Motivated self-starter ready to roll up her/his sleeves and take ownership of results
Interested candidates should email email@example.com and tell us about:
- Why you want to do this work,
- How it fits with your passion and purpose,
- What skills and assets you can bring to it
- What support and guidance you would need.
- Anything else that will help us to know you