Here are 4 ways to keep your skin holiday ready… during the holidays! With 2 awesome peppermint skincare recipes to get you started.
The holidays are my favorite time of the year… but I also have noticed it can be the worst time of the year for my skin! Late nights, greasy food, and hectic schedules definitely take its toll on my face.
I’ve learned a few tricks of the trade to keep my skin glowing, hydrated, clear, and healthy during the merriest time of the year!
- The winter months can leave your skin dry and flaky. The lower temperatures, wind, rain, and snow can dry out our skin, fast! Remember to lather on a moisturizer throughout the day and exfoliate twice per week.
- Holidays are no excuse for lack of sleep. No matter how many parties are on your schedule, it’s vital that you schedule extra time for sleep. A lack of zzzz’s can deprive your skin of time to repair and rejuvenate. Aim for 7-8 hours per night, especially with the extra stress of the holiday season.
- Sugary and fatty foods cause glycation, which causes acne and skin aging. Instead of always reaching for the brownies and cookies, try dark chocolate covered berries (which have nutrients and antioxidants), helping keep your skin clear and youthful.
- Forgetting to take off your makeup… does more harm than you think. Piling on makeup for the holiday parties is okay… as long as you remember to take it off before bed. We all have late nights that leave us less than enthusiastic to spend five minutes taking off our makeup. However, you’ll notice when you wake up the next morning, pores are clogged and skin looks dull.
- Don’t let your busy schedule throw off your skincare routine. The last tip I have for you? Don’t let your busy schedule deprive you of your valuable skincare routine. Slacking off once in a while is okay, but sticking to your face wash, toner, creams, etc, will help keep your skin glowing as bright as those Christmas tree lights!
What are you skincare tips for the holidays? Do you notice a difference in your skin’s appearance and feel during the holidays? Share your thoughts with us!
Peppermint Skincare for the Holidays
It’s that time of year! Peppermint candy canes, peppermint mochas… and peppermint skincare! Peppermint is known for its strong aroma which can revitalize and improve your mood.
Beyond that, it increases skin circulation and reduces inflammation, normalizes skin oils, and promotes blood flow. This makes it the perfect ingredient for holiday skincare DIYs! Here are a few of our favorites!
- 36 ounces of water
- 6 ounces Baraka Coconut Oil
- 1 ounce Almond Oil
- 1 ounce glycerin
- 2.6 ounces of emulsifying wax
- Peppermint essential oil
Boil water and glycerine to 170 degrees Fahrenheit and remove from heat.
Melt coconut oil, almond oil and emulsifying wax.
Pour melted oils into boiling water and mix well.
Allow to cool for 30 minutes and stir in Essential oil.
Pour lotion into containers and enjoy!
Peppermint Foot Bath
- 1 tsp sweet almond oil
- 3 drops peppermint essential oil
- Fill a foot basin with water and add almond/peppermint oil.
- Mix the water and oil together as best as possible.
- Soak feet for 10 minute or until your feet feel tingly and cool.
Do you have a favorite holiday peppermint DIY? Share it with us!