Rich, light and creamy. With a shea butter base and a touch of coconut, this body butter will treat your skin while the aroma takes your mind to a tropical beach.
- 1 cup unrefined shea butter
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup light carrier oil such as olive oil, sweet almond oil, jojoba oil or grapeseed oil
- Optional: 10-15 drops of your favourite essential oil (such as vanilla, lavender, orange, mint, etc.)
- Melt your oils and butters (coconut oil, shea butter and carrier oil) in a double boiler. We like to add the ingredients to a glass bowl and place over a pot filled one-third with water. Turn the stove on to medium-high and stir the oils frequently.
2. When fully melted, remove from the heat. Let the mixture cool a little and then stir in your essential oils.
3. Put the mixture into the fridge or freezer until solidified to ensure a good whipping temperature. The ideal texture is solid but soft. Don’t worry if it is too cold or not cold enough, you can always cool it further or let it sit in a warm place to soften and try again.
4. Once solidified, remove from the fridge or freezer. Whip with a hand mixer for about 10 minutes until you have a creamy butter that looks like whipped cream.
5. Spoon or pipe the mixture into a clean jar or container.
Your whipped body butter is all finished! Perfect as a gift, or just for yourself! This formula is super nourishing and perfect for dry skin. We love to use it before bed to wake up to hydrated skin.
This whipped body butter is a great base but you can try adding other healing ingredients such as a tablespoon of neem or rose oil. You could even experiment with adding Manuka honey or aloe, or use a combination of shea and cocoa butter. Tweak this simple recipe to your DIY heart’s content – we would love to see your adaptations!
Order Baraka Shea Butter and Coconut Oil HERE.