This all natural soap is the elixir for radiant skin. This DIY recipe is packed with anti-inflammatory ingredients and antioxidants to gently exfoliate and cleanse the skin. To make this recipe, follow soap safety procedures by donning gloves and goggles.
- Distilled Water – 196 grams
- Sodium Hydroxide- 77 grams
- Avocado Oil – 136 grams
- Coconut Oil – 169 grams
- Chamomile Infused Olive Oil – 169 grams
- Shea Butter – 71 grams
- Ground Turmeric – 2 tablespoons
- Lemongrass Essential Oil – 15 grams
- Orange 10x Essential Oil – 15 grams
1. Measure all ingredients
2. Make your lye solution and set aside.
3. Measure avocado oil, coconut oil, infused olive oil and shea butter, set aside.
4. Measure your essential oils in a glass container and set aside.
5. Pour lye solution into the pre-measured oils and mix well.
6. Once your mixture is at a light pudding stage, add the turmeric and blend well.
7. Add Essential oils and stir well with a spatula.
8. Pour the soap batter into the mold and let sit over night for 24 hours.
9. Unmold and cut into individual bars.
10. Allow soap to cure for 4 weeks before using.
NOTE: This DIY soap recipe yields 2 pounds of soap.
Order Baraka Shea Butter and Coconut Oil HERE.
Watch Zakia make this recipe on our Facebook Page LIVE!
Check out more LiveSoapSchool.com of her DIY videos.
Be sure to tune in to our Facebook Page for more LIVE Soap School Livestream videos! 7pm EST on Thursdays.
Recipe Source: Zakia @ LiveSoapSchool.com
For Zakia Ringgold, magic happens when motherhood collides with life, work and technology. Seeking work/life balance and natural ingredients surrounded by a supportive family, she launched her online shop NaturalSoapByZakia.com. She did this with a live stream and a cell phone to the tune of 100 orders in the first week, without leaving her dining room. She realized it was so much more than soap, it was education, opportunity, empowerment and most importantly community.
Zakia is a certified soap maker, blogger, instructor and author who teaches students around the world soap making and digital technology. With over 15 years experience developing training curriculum, Ringgold decided to lean into her passion of soap making and combine it with her skillset to make training programs and digital solutions in LiveSoapSchool.com. Additionally Zakia has authored the New Soap Makers Cookbook series to help new soap makers learn the art and science of soap making.
Soap Making, Live Streaming, Chatbots, and simple instruction are the foundations on which Zakia bases her services. This has placed her in the international space, shipping her product line to 17 countries and counting, while training students globally to do the same. Watch Zakia and her two daughters Nyla and Paige, broadcasting live on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.