Chocolatey Minty Body Butter – so smooth, smells so nice and your skin loves the feel and taste. Great for gifts too
- 1/2 cup of organic cocoa butter
- 1/2 cup organic Barka Shea Butter
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup of jojoba or a mild olive oil.
- 1-2 teaspoons peppermint essential oil
- 2 tablespoons pure cocoa or cacao powder.
- 2 teaspoons naturally derived vitamin E
- Prepare an ice bath by filling a large bowl with ice and fitting a smaller bowl inside. The inside bowl needs to be able to hold at least 4-5 cups of liquid.
- Using a double boiler or a pot of boiling water with a smaller pot fitted inside, melt cocoa butter and shea butter over a low simmer.
- Add coconut oil and melt until completely liquid.
- Remove the melted shea, cocoa and coconut mixture from heat.
- Measure 5 teaspoons of cocoa powder into a small bowl and gradually add several tablespoons of jojoba/almond/olive oil. Mix thoroughly and then add to shea cocoa, coconut mixture along with remaining jojoba/almond/olive oil.
- Place mixture in chilled bowl (which should still be resting above the ice bowl) and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Remove mixture from ice bath and whip until stiff peaks form
Place in jar or container (OK, go ahead and use it first and then put what’s left into the container
Use and enjoy, or package and give to special people. It makes an incredible gift!
Order Baraka Shea Butter and Coconut Oil HERE.