Rich, light, creamy and refreshing. With a shea butter base and a touch of coconut this body butter will treat your skin while the aroma takes your mind to a tropical beach.
Light, refreshing body butter. Easy to make, a joy to use and Oh So Good for Your Skin
- 1 cup unrefined Shea Butter
- ½ cup Coconut Oil
- ½ cup light carrier oil such as olive oil, sweet almond oil, jojoba oil or grapeseed oil
- Optional: 10-15 drops of your favorite essential oil (vanilla, lavender, orange, mint, etc.)
- Melt your oils and butters (Coconut Oil, Shea Butter and carrier oil) in a double boiler. I use a glass bowl or measuring cup in a pot full of water. Add ingredients to the glass bowl and then place the bowl in a large pot filled 1/3 of the way with water. Turn the stove on medium high and stir the oils frequently.
- When fully melted, remove them from heat. Let cool some and then add in essential oils and stir.
- Allow the mixture to cool until solidified. Put it in the fridge for 5-10 minutes to get to a good whipping temperature (solid, but soft – don’t worry, if you get it too cool, or not cool enough you can let it sit in a warm place to soften and then try again).
- Remove and put it into a mixer, or take a hand mixer and whip it for about 10 minutes until you have a creamy, frothy butter that looks like whipped cream.
- Put it into recycled containers or glass jars.
- Let cool, label if you want, and use and enjoy (or give as gifts)
- This body butter feels like rubbing silky whipped cream onto skin. It soaks in wonderfully and provides skin with a non-greasy moisture that lasts all day. The fragrance of your essential oils will linger and put smiles on your face!
When you are ready you can experiment. This butter is a great base. Try adding other healing ingredients such as 1 tbs of neem oil or rose oil. You can even add manuka honey or aloe, or use a Shea Butter/Cocoa Butter combination. This whipped body butter is exquisitely simple and you can tweak and add to your DIY heart’s content.
Use and enjoy, or package and give to special people. It makes an incredible gift!
Order Baraka Shea Butter and Coconut Oil HERE.